In Transcarpathia, the first marked route of the “phenomenon of Transcarpathian painting” is presented within the framework of the Ornament project with the support of the UKF.
In Transcarpathia, the first marked route of the “phenomenon of Transcarpathian painting” is presented as part of the Ornament project with the support of the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation (UCF).
For two years, the NGO “Cultural Platform Zakarpattia”, with the support of the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation and partners, has been working to create a modern infrastructure that spreads knowledge about the content of the “phenomenon of Transcarpathian painting” for Ukrainians, and from 2021, for the English-speaking community.
The first marked route is presented jointly with the Stavnensk hromada (community). This is the first of the 4 discovered concentrations of painting phenomenon environments — the Uzh hotbed of the path.
As part of the project, it was developed:
• MOLBERT (easel) art objects, marking the places where the paths of artists crossed, capturing the unique landscapes of the Ukrainian Carpathians in their landscape works,
• branded road signs, which designate the boundaries of the hotbed and inform of transport stops near MOLBERTs,
• the “Way” map which combines the paths of landscape painting of each of the 4 generations of artists who created the “phenomenon of Transcarpathian painting” with the world of Red Book flora and fauna that fill the depicted landscapes,
• AR-filter for the 130th anniversary of the birth of the founders of the “phenomenon” – Adalberto Erdeli and Josyp Bokshay.
• Project`s website
• Promo video “ORNAMENT”
• English-language edition of the monograph “The Way of Transcarpathian Painting”
Taking into account quarantine restrictions, registration for the event is by invitation
The event will take place in the art centre “ILKO Gallery” at 3 p.m. on November 25, 2021